To Think About

If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily. ~Gerald Good

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Alone is enough

Today I had the blissful opportunity to come home after work and talk to...nobody. I love being with people, have always done so and my job demands of me constant interactions with a wide range of personalities. This is one of the elements of the job I love so much. But it is a job of service. It requires giving to others.
Sometimes after a particularly long day, or maybe it 's because it has challenged me, there seems no better reward than having some time to retreat into my own space, into my own head. It can be quiet there, it can be forgiving. I always feel sorry for people who can't seem to enjoy being alone - I think they're missing out on something special and soul reviving.


So today I'm thankful for:
The extra coffee bought for me that I wasn't expecting.
The hastily organised bike ride to share with colleagues on the weekend
The few quiet hours I spent with myself.

1 comment:

  1. mmm. I live alone, and still don't get as much time there as I'd like. People will make their demands...and we will oblige. I try to make "Tanya Time" at least once a week. Great post!

    ReplyDelete