To Think About

If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily. ~Gerald Good

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Where does time go?

I want to start straight away by saying that I'm grateful today for some things I'm also going to whinge about. Let's get that out of the way first. I love that I belong to a professional association that provides me with a fresh perspective and I love that I am privileged enough to have the resources to be engaged in interesting things.


This morning I was reflecting on how tricky it is to fit everything in - I work obviously but I'm not counting that - I'm talking about my 'leisure activities'. If I were filling in an online dating profile I would say that I garden, walk, read, bike ride, dabble with the computer and practise yoga.


But the truth is that I have a garden that is half started - plenty of ideas but not enough end product, I take my dog for walks as often as we can manage and never enough, I am trying to start a knitting project but it is sitting forlornly on my couch, I belong to a book club and have a commitment to read, but have only read the first two chapters of this month's book, I have just bought my second bicycle (now that story is a whole other post about how stupid I am) but haven't ridden anywhere,  I read other people's blogs but get behind posting on my own, and I should be into my third week of yoga but I missed it today. I also play an online game with a friend (one of those multi player options that are super fun but quite silly for a woman of my age) but haven't managed that for a week and when she asked me the other day if I wanted to play, I told her I didn't have time! Where does the time go? Other people can manage to fit way more into their lives. But I always seem to be "robbing Peter to pay Paul". Where does all the time go? Share your secrets for better leisure management with me!


What kind of person actually complains about how many leisure activities she has to fit in? I'll accept any metaphorical slaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment