To Think About

If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily. ~Gerald Good

Monday, January 17, 2011

Fuck Fuck Fuckity Fuck

I'm a grateful person I swear I am and a week ago the idea of chronicling those things that make me feel glad to be alive seemed like a good idea, an easy idea. 


Well it may be my imagination but things haven't been going so right since I started this blog - nothing earth shatteringly bad on their own but together they are giving me the pip!


Today I finished reading all 25 job applications for one position - I slightly resent having to spend time on this during my holidays but apart from this have spent the day idly pottering on the computer and reading - my 4th book for this week when I thought I really must water the pots out the front...and take those two pots inside near the front door for a really good soak and some fresh air. 


Under the orchid I found a huge brown water stain - I thought I watered sparingly and had the drip thing covered...on the carpet of course (it's a lovely match for the huge brown stain at the other end of the couch I made last week when I tipped over much looked forward to coffee.


If thats not bad enough my new $60 hose reel snapped at the handle - yes I pushed it the wrong way but its a piece of garden equipment for goodness sakes - surely it should have some toughness?


Finding things to be grateful for tonight might be a challenge. And yes I know I sound like an ungrateful cow -I'm on HOLIDAYS for heavens sake! I'll just go and pour anther glass of wine and read some more...

1 comment:

  1. Ahh you see... you were grateful for a second glass of wine that night (and good books to help your mood). Ain't nothin' wrong with that! And that's something!

    ReplyDelete