To Think About

If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily. ~Gerald Good

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hairdresser Delights

I go to the hairdresser every 6 weeks. In fact I have booked ahead for the entire of the 2011 year so I don't miss out at all. When I left my town of 25 years to make a move across the country where I didn't have a job and didn't know a soul, one of my most major concerns was whether I would find a good hairdresser. I have very straight and very thick hair which is difficult to cut well and I learned a long ago that my general feelings of wellbeing start with having a decent hair cut. Vain? Probably. Do I care? No.


And so my appointment today...


Having found the best hairdresser in the city, I know how lucky I am to be able to afford her ministrations. But do I take this good fortune for granted? Not for one minute!


We discuss what colour and style I might like to have at this moment, I'm offered a decent cup of coffee or a glass of champagne or wine on the house (well I'm sure it's hidden in hairdresser costs but it feels like it's on the house) and then she gets to work while we chat idly or if I'm left alone I catch up on some magazine reading. Then comes the best bit, the most sublime experience...I get a long and deep head massage! Pure bliss. The stresses of the day literally gurgle down the sink and when I leave the establishment I'm almost gliding on air.


My whole day's gratitudes all tied up in one trip to the hairdresser.

3 comments:

  1. ahh. all i need is the imagery and I can still get some semi-bliss out of it. not the wine and champagne, too young for that, but i could always go for a coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the head massage thats the real treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I can NEVER achieve that perfect foaminess and lathery-ness that the hairdressers can!

    ReplyDelete