To Think About

If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily. ~Gerald Good

Monday, January 31, 2011

First day back at work

I think some people would think there is seriously something wrong with me. I love my job. Really love it. Most days are long, some days are tough, but there's not a day that I don't get up happy and excited to go to work. What's the day going to bring me? Who is going to delight me? Surprise me? Disappoint me even?


Today I started back at work after 6 weeks of beautifully relaxing and lazy holidays. I've done lots of things I enjoy, and some of the jobs on my To Do list (not many but still enough not to make me feel completely hopeless) but today I returned to work and as I drove there this morning, I realised how light and happy I felt. Am I grateful for having a great job or am I grateful for having a great attitude toward my job?


I have always felt this way about my work. I think it's the people I interact with every day. 


PS just so I don't sound totally pathetic - I do have one major problem associated with work.  Once I'm there I'm inclined to forget I have a personal life - bills to pay, mail to post, phone calls to make etc - not a very efficient way of managing my grown up life. Suggestions anyone?


And another post script Its stinking hot today - not a breath of air even though its 10:48pm. Ill be glad Ive got a fan pretty soon :)

1 comment:

  1. Feel ya about the hot as hades part. But, hell yeah, liking something you're getting paid for is much better than not!

    ReplyDelete