To Think About

If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily. ~Gerald Good

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tuesday...from Thursday's perspective

Today is' family night' day - the night when my kids come together at my house for a meal. I have a son living at home with me and a daughter who has lived with her boyfriend for over two years. So that's who I'm talking about when I say 'my kids'.
I love family night - I cook often with the help of 'Ben the boyfriend' and we laugh - sometimes if Ive come home late from work or apparently when I'm sick, I can start off being snappy, but after a glass of wine, food on the table and listening to banter, I'm relaxed and happy.
Occasionally, usually at the first hints of spring, I like to go down to the lake for a barbeque. There are many lakes in this inland city of mine - all man made but I love them. After 25 years of living in the red centre of Australia, the opportunity to be near water never gets tiring. My son hates this - the barbeques are electric and slow - "Why would we go there mum when we have a perfectly good and fast barbeque here at home?" But I like to get out near the water - it makes me feel holiday like.


So tonight we met for family night at the lake for lamb chops and Italian sausages, beautiful potato salad, a yummy green salad and a bottle of sauvignon blanc. The air got cool, the family who used the barbeque before us cleaned it within an inch of its life and Sam brought his fishing line. I had a lovely night. 


So today I'm grateful for:

  • having great kids whose company I love
  • living near large bodies of water
  • casting a line out into the water and having Sam to untangle it for me
Wouldn't a couple of photos have been a nice addition to this post?

4 comments:

  1. you can borrow a photo from me- it was a lovely picnic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send me a good one and I'll post it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. and be grateful you're not in Canada right now where it's -19degrees with the wind chill factored in.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrr I cant even imagine that! I feel miserable after months of our winter and it only gets as low as about 9 degrees celsius. I'm pathetic and you must REALLY look forward to the spring!

    ReplyDelete