To Think About

If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily. ~Gerald Good

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday wonderful Saturday

What a fantastic day I've had.
For a start I finally found some energy! Yay! I've cleaned the house, been to the Farmers Market, cleaned out my fridge, washed a couple of loads and done a stack of ironing. About time - I was starting to worry that the holiday slothful me was going to stick around for ever.


Then my oldest girlfriend phoned to tell me that she and her daughter are flying from London to meet me and my daughter in May in Milan for my birthday. I'm so excited. To be having my first overseas trip at my age is a bit of an embarrassment but there's no stopping me now. I'm already starting to consider other holiday destinations - maybe not all so far from home and therefore not so expensive but we'll see.


And to cap off my day a friend took my to my first ever live basketball game. It was so exciting and so fast. I can't believe some of the size of these girls and for a non-contact sport, well let's just say there's plenty of pushing, pulling and shoving! I think I'm a convert.


So let's see...

  • energy and good health
  • the opportunity to travel or is it having something to look forward to
  • and friends - always friends
Enjoy your day people and may someone smile on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment